Presenting The Hapless Horseman by Teemu Matinlauri
A very special Squealer customized by the great artist Teemu
Matinlauri! Thanks Teemu!
I really appreciate that he took the time to customize the Squealer template.
Thanks again and keep on crafting!
Items you will need:
-Printout (I print out paper toys on 110lb. White card stock.)
-Embossing Stylus Balled (optional I usually carefully score with a craft knife.)
-Small Stick (the end of a small paint brush, chopstick, or shish kabob stick)
-Cutting Board (optional, just don't cut up your table)
-Paper Towel (to wipe off excess glue)
-Bandages (optional, be careful when you are cutting. It's not fun to look for bandages when you are bleeding)
Notes to keep in mind:
Make sure you are having fun. That is what paper craft is all about?
-Take your time.
-Have extra craft knife blades handy. It is always best to cut with a sharp blade.
-Cut rounded parts with scissors and straight parts with craft knife.
-When scoring be careful not to score to deep and cut all the way through the model.
-Using the left over excess pieces of paper add a little glue to a piece of paper and use another piece to spread the glue.
-Use a stick for gluing hard to reach areas. I normally hold pieces together for 10-15 seconds.
-Tip: I spray my Paper Toys with Deft Clear Wood Finish Spray. It is a clear lacquer spray. Please test it on a scrap printout first. You would not want to spend all the time putting together a toy, then spray it and have the ink smear. If your printer ink does not run, spray it with 1 coat before cutting out and 1 coat after you have put it together.
Briefly read before starting:
1) Print out Squealer Paper Toy. Ready your tools.
2) Roughly cut out all pieces to separate then carefully cut each individual piece.
3) Once all of the exterior (outside) lines of the pieces are cut out, score and cut the interior pieces. This is the ears, horns, and holes for the hands.
Be careful not to score to deep and cut all the way through the model.
4) Note:The mouth and one of the body tabs are connected. Cut (as shown) The tab should have a small piece missing.
5) On the main part of the model glue the body together first. Next add glue to the upper tabs on the body and attach to the "Mouth Inside Bottom". Note: With the tab on the front of the body it should appear as if the mouth protrudes out from the body slightly.
6) Turn model upside down and make sure tabs are securely joined together by pushing them with a stick for 10-15 seconds.
7) Glue together all small parts. For tough to reach areas hold tabs together with stick.
8) Your model should now look like this. Time to form the head!
9) Carefully glue the head together. Start from the side that is already attached. Glue the front 3 tabs and then the back 3 tabs. let it dry for at least a minute. Next glue the final front 2 tabs and the longer side tab, let it dry. Finally glue the last back 2 tabs.
10) Position arms whatever way you see best. Glue arms to body. Put props in the hands.
There you have it! A finished Squealer Paper Toy. Enjoy!