This Tutorial is how to make the Blank version of the Squealer Paper Toy, I made
the template as intuitive as I could so you should have no
problems with the assembly.
you can also download the: Happy Little BearTutorial PDF Click to Download
Items you will need:
-Printout (I print out paper toys on 110lb. White card stock.)
-Embossing Stylus Balled (optional I usually carefully score with a craft knife.)
-Small Stick (the end of a small paint brush, chopstick, or shish kabob stick)
-Cutting Board (optional, just don't cut up your table)
-Paper Towel (to wipe off excess glue)
-Bandages (optional, be careful when you are cutting. It's not fun to look
for bandages when you are bleeding)
Notes to keep in mind:
-Make sure you are having fun. That is what paper craft is all about?
-Take your time.
-Have extra craft knife blades handy. It is always best to cut with a sharp blade.
-Cut rounded parts with scissors and straight parts with craft knife.
-When scoring be careful not to score to deep and cut all the way through the model.
-Using the left over excess pieces of paper add a little glue to a piece of paper and
use another piece to spread the glue.
-Use a stick for gluing hard to reach areas. I normally hold pieces together
for 10-15 seconds.
-Tip: I spray my Paper Toys with Deft Clear Wood Finish Spray. It is a clear
lacquer spray. Please test it on a scrap printout first. You would not want to
spend all the time putting together a toy, then spray it and have the ink smear.
If your printer ink does not run, spray it with 1 coat before cutting out and
1 coat after you have put it together.
Briefly read before starting:
1) Print out Squealer Paper Toy. Ready your tools.
2) Roughly cut out all pieces to separate then carefully cut each individual piece.
3) Once all of the exterior (outside) lines of the pieces are cut out,
cut the interior pieces. This is the ears, and holes for the hands. Be
to score to deep and cut all the way through the model. Pre-fold all parts.
4) Glue together all small parts. Using the left over excess pieces of paper
add a little glue to a piece of paper and use another piece to spread the glue.
5) For tough to reach areas hold tabs together with stick.
6) Glue the side of the head tab together.
7) Glue together all small parts. For tough to reach areas hold tabs together with stick.
8) Glue the smaller tabs on the side of the head.
9) If tabs are hard to reach use a stick to hold it down.
10) Position arms whatever way you see best. Glue arms to body. Put
props in the hands.
11) There you have it! A finished Paper Toy. Enjoy!
Now, go out and download the Happy Little Bear Paper toy
Or one of the other toys based on the happy bear template